There’s no better place for a romantic winter vacation than Vermont. From the powdery white snow, to the cozy rustic atmosphere, you’ll never want to leave the winter wonderland of the north. While staying at our Vermont bed and breakfast, you’ll find yourself ready to engage in some fun winter activities to make your vacation as memorable as possible. Here are our top 5 recommendations:
1. Ice-skating: Skating is the perfect recipe for romance and winter fun. There are a couple of great choices for skating near our Ludlow bed and breakfast. Riley Rink at Hunter Park in Manchester is a great and close option. Also be sure to check out Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center for some picturesque outdoor skating. Enjoy the fresh winter air and glide across the ice together.
2. Downhill or Cross-Country Skiing: Whether you’re up for a leisurely ski trip at your own pace or are looking to fly down the slopes, Vermont has options for you. For cross-country skiing (or even snowshoeing!) try Okemo, Stratton, Magic, and Bromley mountains. Any of these would make for a memorable afternoon for two in the powdery Vermont snow. If downhill is more your speed, you can’t get any better than Wildwings, Viking Nordic Center, Grafton Ponds, or Catamount Trail. If your vacation is long enough, you can plan to visit them all and discover your new personal favorite!
3. Visit the Vermont Country Store: Take in the rustic Vermont charm this winter at the Vermont Country Store. Pick up a local good and some souvenirs to bring home and remember your perfect winter vacation by. Visit the Kissing Bridge and become part of a romantic Vermont tradition. (The Kissing Bridge is also the perfect place to get engaged!)
4. Discover the Weston Village Shop & Local Galleries: This is a great activity all winter but be sure to put it on your list for vacations over the holidays as well! It’s the perfect place to shop for quaint country items and it’s also within walking distance to beautiful local galleries. Get a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate and enjoy an afternoon of walking around downtown.
5. Relax Around our Ludlow Bed & Breakfast: You don’t even have to leave the comfort of the inn to enjoy a cozy Vermont winter. Relax and sit in a comfortable chair with a great book (get one from our extensive library!) and a glass of wine or a cup of coffee or tea. Sit by the fire and enjoy the cozy atmosphere of a Vermont winter.